Join the Tampa Chapter of NIGP
Tampa Bay NIGP members are a unique group of public purchasing professionals in the Central-West Coast region of Florida who share a passion for advancing and promoting professional standards for procurement and materials management.
By becoming a member, you join with other area professionals who benefit from the educational, training and networking opportunities we offer throughout the year.
Membership is open to full-time, part-time, shared-position, and retired employees of federal, state, county, municipalities, public school systems, community colleges, state universities and other political subdivisions whose majority work time involves purchasing or materials management.
Our membership years runs January – December, and for a modest investment, you can strengthen your knowledge and skills in the profession, and enhance your value to your employer.
Benefits of Membership
Membership in the Tampa Bay Area Chapter of NIGP offers substantial professional and personal development opportunities.
- Member-only discounts for educational opportunities and bi-monthly luncheon meetings with diverse and dynamic topics and speakers
- Earn nationally recognized continuing education unit (CEU) credits and UPPCC recertification hours
- UPPCC certification financial assistance
- Earn scholarship points that can be redeemed for attendance to conferences, workshops, and educational seminars
- Opportunities for recognition for excellence through the Buyer of the Year, Manager of the Year and other awards programs
- Employment opportunity information - get notified automatically by email
Networking opportunities with other professionals from throughout the Tampa Bay area and across the country
- FREE access to our quarterly newsletter covering information specific to government procurement professionals
- Enhancement of personal knowledge and abilities through chapter meetings, seminars and other training opportunities.
- Development of business-related leadership skills via chapter committee service, volunteering at TBAC events, and officer and director opportunities.